Oh hello. If you have recently gotten a follow from me, and are wondering who I am, please see my personal tumblr: http://inconspicuous-underpants.tumblr.com/
And feel free to follow (though fair warning, I go through big “REBLOG ALL THE THINGS!!” times. Just an fyi.)
You can follow this one too, but it’s more or less just funny pictures of the band Halestorm.
An addendum to my post from last night, my personal blog is now at inconspicuous-underpants.tumblr.com
Quick reminder, if you get a follow from this account (dorkstorm) there is a 99% chance you should probably go ahead and follow my personal blog (scoobydooending) instead of this one.
This is basically a Halestorm fanpage, but it’s updated rarely.
The other one is an occasionally NSFW everything blog.
Seattle/PNW Gaf: My brother in Law is missing. Off-Topic Discussion
A friend of a friend is missing in the area of Federal Way, WA.
If ANYONE in the Seattle-Tacoma area has seen him or has any information that may aid the police and his family in finding him, you are asked to call 911 or Detective Jeffrey VanderVeer, 253-835-6791 or email Jeffrey.VanderVeer@CityofFederalWay.com
Please signal boost the hell out of this.
I don’t tend to share stuff like this on here often, but this is important. PLEASE signal boost. His friends and family are very, very worried for his safety. The sooner they can find him, the better. Even if you don’t live in the area, someone who follows you just might, or someone who follows them. PLEASE do this.
I hate guys who post shirtless vines!! - [x]
HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A VIDEO OF YOUR FAVORITE BAND AND GOTTEN BUTTERFLIES BECAUSE THEY’RE SO DUMB SOMETIMES BUT ALSO THEY’VE MADE SUCH AN IMPACT ON YOUR LIFE SO YOU CAN’T HELP BUT SMILE AT THE FACT THAT THEY’VE KINDA SHAPED WHO YOU ARE AS A PERSON
My Favorite Band of All Time | Halestorm
Via the Official Lzzy Hale facebook page.
Hale-iday greetings circa 2005!
When I wear my favorite denim vest, I wear my freedom, and my individuality on the outside. With just the right amount of “don’t give a f**k attitude”, it’s a Rock n Roll staple that both the boys and I would never go on tour without! TIP: Layer it with my distressed tee, and you’re ready for the day, no matter how many shots you had the night before! (tee and vest are sold separately) Made of 80% cotton / 20% polyester.
Lzzy’s new store is now officially open!
Born A Star Clothing is a new, fresh clothing line that makes you feel like a rock star. Wear it casually or when going out!!
All they need is $200. Time is running out! GO! GO NOW! AND REBLOG THE HELL OUT OF THIS LINK! DO IT!
Help Born A Star Clothing launch and print our first line of T-shirts!
Hey guys, I know there’s a lot of crossover fans of Halestorm AND New Medicine, so if you can help our boy Dan Garland out with his company Born A Star Clothing, that would rock! They just added new levels to the kickstarter, so check it out!
TYPHOON HAIYAN RIPS THROUGH CENTRAL PHILIPPINES
Typhoon Haiyan is a Category 5 storm, the strongest typhoon of 2013 and said to be the “most powerful ever” to make landfall (with winds near 195-200 mph). Perspective: Superstorm Sandy was at 95mph when it hit New Jersey; Hurricane Katrina at 129mph when it hit land.
- Pre-emptive evacuations affect more than 161,000 families or more than 790,000 people in 37 provinces
- Typhoon Haiyan as seen from space
- Haiyan makes 6 landfalls - it affected an island chain in the central Philippines, making landfall in six islands. It gained wind power as it traversed through waters in between.
- Haiyan traverses areas affected by magnitude 7.1 earthquake - The earthquake left more than 200 dead dead on October 16; 1000 injured; 350,000 displaced. The survivors have been living in tents and evacuation areas. It passed through Leyte, Samar, Cebu (2.5 million residents), among others. All with densely populated cities, some of which are the poorest provinces in the country.
- 100 people killed in Tacloban — first estimate of casualties in the city reported today, November 9. Because the communication lines are down, the news centers have yet to take stock of the full extent of the damage. But the numbers are still expected to rise. The devastation was described as if a tsunami had wracked through it.
- 2:03PM 11/9: An estimated 4 million people have been affected by the typhoon
- 4:20PM 11/9: 90% of Baco Town in Oriental Mindoro flooded
- 4:55 PM 11/9: Bodies still scattered in Leyte as Visayas in shock
- 5:19PM 11/9: Negros Occidental under a state of calamity
- 7:34PM 11/9: Local officials expect the number of bodies found in Tacloban to reach 500
- eta: 7:45PM 11/9: Iloilo and Palawan declare state of calamity
- eta: 8:04PM 11/9: Update: 134 reported dead
- eta: 8:30PM 11/9: Thousands homeless in Ormoc, Leyte
The victims need all the help they can get. Cities have been leveled, buildings made of concrete were destroyed by strong winds and storm surges. Communications have yet to be reestablished in most of the areas affected by the typhoon. The full picture left behind by Haiyan has yet to be established yet the devastation reported on television is already extensive. The government is bracing for large-scale relief operations. Virtually 1/3 of the country has been ravaged by this natural disaster. And we need help.
HOW THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY CAN HELP
- donations via the Philippine Red Cross (including PayPal)
- donations via Habitat for Humanity
- donations via ANCOP Foundation USA
- eta: donations via UNICEF Philippines
- eta2: donations via CARE Australia
- eta2: donations via Caritas Internationalis
- eta2: donations via GMA Network (credit card, cash, check)
- eta2: donations via World Vision
- eta2: donations via AmeriCares
- eta2: donations via Samaritan’s Purse (Canada)
- eta2: donations via Canadian Red Cross (or you can text REDCROSS or ROUGE to 30333 to donate $5)
FOR THOSE IN THE PHILIPPINES
- text donations via Globe
- Red Cross and DSWD relief operations (infographic)
- list of ongoing relief operations via Rappler
- donations via ABS-CBN News
- eta: relief operations via University of the Philippines
- eta: relief operations via the Department of Education
- eta: pick-up locations for donations via Air 21
HOW TO FILE FOR MISSING PERSONS
Please reblog and add other details I might’ve missed!